Monday 29 April 2013

Caleta Dorado in Caleta de Fuste

I half expect that you've stumbled across this blog after finding a decent priced deal and then reading the mixed bag of trip advisor reviews.  So you probably want me to tell you to take it.  The honest answer is that if I where to go back in time and put myself in the position you are now; then yes I am really glad i booked this holiday.
Lets have a look at the good points.  Please consider that I write this from the point of view of a family holiday.

Excellent Kids club and childrens disco.

Swimming pool with slides and section with water fountains.

Table tennis and football courts.

The local beach Caleta de Fuste has plenty to do there. 

The bad points.

This first one is quite a biggy; and if you've exprienced similar please let me know at the end of this blog, but on day 3 of our stay I was warned by someone else 'to be warned' as 4 apartments had been looted from that night. 

Cockroaches:  sure we had a couple but nothing to be concerned about; even if my wife was trying to convince me there is a possibilty of death if I choked on one in the night.  I'm guessing this is a long shot.

Cats:  the first 2 days we had several visits by stray cats.  After they realised they weren't getting food from them they stopped visiting.

Airplanes.   The airport is about 12k .  Yes they go on to fairly late and start early.  Not gonna be an issue for most as you don't notice them after a short while!






No comments:

Post a Comment